Friday, August 24, 2012

Campaign Update August 23, 2012

Friends and supporters:

I owe all of you an update! Over the past month I have been campaigning door-to-door in Bon Homme, Charles Mix, and Tripp Counties. I was in Winner(Tripp County) for a week campaigning. It was rewarding in that I enjoyed the beautiful landscape and met many wonderful people. While there I was invited to speak before the Tripp County Democrats. Those attending contributed nearly $400 toward my campaign.

Doug Wiken was gracious enough to volunteer to set up an online blog which should soon be up and running. I had a long and enlightening conversation with Doris Miner, a 16-year veteran of the South Dakota Legislature. I owe a special "thank you" to Wayne and Georgia Meyer who were my hosts for the week. Wayne is chairman of the group and proved to be a very savvy leader.

Gary Coleman and Wayner Meyer at Grossenburg 25th Anniversary

On August 21, I drove to Vermillion to tape a segment for the South Dakota Public Broadcasting TV program "Meet the Candidates." This week I finished the Lake Andes and Geddes area, and began canvassing Wagner.

With the election less than 2 months away, I believe I'm on track to complete 2 canvasses of the entire district. Then, it will be up to the voters to decide my fate! Thank you to all who have helped in numerous different ways. You have given me, additionally, morale boosts at several points along the journey.

With faith, hope, and love to all!

Gary

****** P S: Take a look at the pages in list at right*******

No comments:

Post a Comment