Sunday, October 21, 2012

Campaign Notes October 14-22, 2012

This week was mostly West River which concluded Thursday evening with a Meet the Candidates event in Winner. It was a Q & A between the candidates and the audience. Topics included education funding, economic development incentives, property taxes, and tax fairness. Friday, I spent the entire morning checking signage condition, after 70+ mph winds swept our area. All but one sign escaped without harm. One sign at Burke went down. NO damage really, except broken wire. I will re-erect Monday AM with stronger wire.

Friday evening, I attended a Democratic meeting in Sioux Falls with Sen. Tim Johnson. We discussed final strategy for the last weeks. He wished us well, and offered some helpful advice. Saturday, I knocked on doors in Wagner. A beautiful, sunny, warm day. Most of the people were home, so it made for an even better day.

Nest week, I will again go door to door in Gregory, Colome, Burke, Dallas, and Lake Andes. I hope to be able to visit with some of you in those towns. I will also have a day of meetings in Sioux Falls, attending The South Dakota Veterans Council in the morning and the Sioux Falls Regional Telehealth Committee meeting in the afternoon. In the evening, I will be in Yankton for a Board of Directors meeting for the Yankton Concert Assn. We will be choosing the concert entertainment for the 2013-2014 season. I especially enjoy this particular meeting each year.

Well, I have got to get on to other work! So, I'll bid you farewell for now. Veterans, I will talk with you next time about a great program that is free called MOVE. If you need to lose weight, improve a diabetic condition, lower your blood pressure, or reduce cholesterol, this could really be of help. If you're interested now, check with your local VA Clinic or nearest VA Hospital.


Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment